See our nonprofit COVID-19 resources
We're updating our site to improve your experience. We apologize for any issues that may occur.
Our Nonprofit Accounting #SoupChat is coming March 5, 2015 at 12:30 pm Pacific Time.
It's tax season. While nonprofit taxes aren't due April 15th, we're getting in the tax season spirit. Join us after our QuickBook For Existing Nonprofit users webinar on March 5, 2015 with Hydeh Ghaffari, who brings more than 30 years of experience as a financial manager and 25 years as a CPA to DZH Phillips in helping nonprofit with their accounting needs. Hydeh specializes in grant management and understands the specific needs that come with an outsourced CFO or Controller. She excels in accountancy education, frequently speaking at nonprofit conferences and facilitating auditing workshops both locally and nationally. She also offers consultations regarding assessment of accounting functions, including staffing, software, and internal controls; agency and funding source budgeting; cash flow projection; single audits; and indirect cost proposals.She currently services nonprofits including private and community foundations, schools, advocacy, social service and religious organizations..
Do you have more Quiickbook's questions and how to integrate Quickbooks into your tax reporting?
Are you accurately reporting your overhead? See Hydeh sharing some Overhead advice here.
Where can nonprofit save more when it comes to their accounting?
Bring any nonprofit tax question you have and Hydeh will answer in our #SoupChat on March 5, 2015 at 12:30 in our forum thread. Hope you can join us.
Lewis Haidt Senior Manager, TechSoup Online Community and Social Media @lewisha
we have quite a unique situation with our organization. we are a nonprofit organization that helps veterans financially, we have sponsors and companies that run events that raise funds for us.. plus we get grants and individual donations.. when we assist our veterans we are limited by leagalities of Hippa and cannot show the names of the vets that we assist.. but we need to track each payment asssitancance.. what is the best way of entering this data... so that we can track this information
How do you divide salaries up by the different classes. For example, if an employee is supposed to spend 75% of their time on one program and the other 25% on another, how do I divide that into the two classes. I have Quickbooks 2013.
I am interested in the webinar for quickbooks for nonprofits users, but I am not sure I can watch it tommorrow at 11 am. Is it available to watch later?
Hi there #SoupChat =) thank you for this forum. I have a 2 part question.
1) We have a new board of directors where I am incoming as Treasurer with little past experience in Accounting. In performing an elementary level self audit I noticed the previous board did not have the best practices. Is there any way of "closing the books" on a previous board's financial actions to start anew and disassociate myself so I'm protected with now taking over the books?
2) We are a 501c6 nonprofit and interested in converting to a 501c3. What is the best way to go about it or best resource to research it.
I'll see everyone tomorrow at 12:30. Thanks for having me.
Hi Hydeh, thanks in advance for being with us tomorrow - we're looking forward to an informal accounting chat! Wow, we already have a few good questions lined up. Thanks for dropping in early folks - see you here tomorrow Thursday at 12:30 PT !!
Hi Jane, great question. You can view previous webinars on this events page - drop back in and let us know if you don't see it listed within a few days. Can you at least join the #SoupChat here in this thread at 12:30pm PT? Hope to see you tomorrow!
How can nonprofits provide tax deductions to artists who have created and donated original artwork? Would the deduction be the same value as what the artists would normally charge for such art pieces, or is there a range the IRS needs nonprofits to adhere to for such donations?
We'll be starting at 12:30 PT all.
Looking forward to talking about nonprofit accounting - here are some resources from the article I wrote on and where Hydeh shared her thoughts on the Overhead Myth.
BOTTOM LINE: We need a nonprofit pride movement and change the whole conversation around nonprofit accounting
We're less than 20 minutes away from today's #SoupChat - stay tuned! 12:30 pm Pacific.
Looking forward to talking with everyone
I manage TechSoup Global's partnerships with Intuit, QuickBooks Made Easy, Sage, and Acclivity. If you have any questions about which products are available via TechSoup or your organization's eligibility to receive them, I'm happy to answer! Looking forward to today's #SoupChat!
Allyson Bliss, Senior Program Manager, TechSoup
Thanks for joining the chat, Allyson! Happy to have you here today.
I wonder if you can use client numbers! That way you can track for your internal purposes and still be in compliance with Hippa.
Close this window